Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My dream about Twentynine Palms

I had a dream early this morning about going to Twentynine Palms with a group of friends to check out the place with the possibility of moving there. The entrance to the town was this lush landscaping of a park-like setting with tennis courts, water fountain, etc. We were looking for a place to stay the night for all 5 of us and something affordable. To make a long story short, one of my friends saw a sign for an oasis type hotel. I remember getting up on my tippy toes to look over this barricade-type wall and looking down this canyon. I saw a couple people swimming in a lagoon that was the color of the ocean in Mexico and to the left was the oasis type hotel. My friend jumped in the water immediately and couldn't believe how warm it was. You know how dreams jump around - Jody, if you're reading this, you were in my thoughts in the dream. I wanted to call you to see if your house was available. My ex was in the dream but probably only because we lived there together. His only role in the dream was to make me uncomfortable and stay as far away from me as possible and to make sure everyone knew he had a sporting event to attend. Oh, and to loan me a curling iron that had a built-in flashlight in it. Weird. Vera and Amanda were in the dream, but Amanda was little. My other three friends couldn't believe I wasn't saying yes immediately to moving there. It was like a paradise. There's a lot more to the dream. I'm sharing for those of you out there who have lived or currently live in Twentynine Palms. Wouldn't it be nice? Maybe you had to be there. It was a really fun dream. I love those kinds.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Sounds like an interesting dream Sarah :) I wish 29 Palms was exactly as you pictured it in your dream! Shane and I are headed back there in 4 short months, we'd love visitors!!! Thanks for sharing your dream :)

Sarah Crockett said...

I would bet you're really excited to move back to the states!! I hope I can visit you soon.