Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh No!!

I realized that some people may think I'm done with my blog. No way. Please continue to visit. I know you're out there reading, because my counter keeps going up and up!!

My Grandma has Alzheimers and it seems to be rapidly getting worse the past year. She often seems like a different person. I am aware that it makes me want to withdraw from her but I can't explain it or stop myself. I really need to attend a support group. She and I have always been very close and our relationship is being taken down a different path. It's a path I don't want to follow but I know I must. I think another difficult part of this transition is I see Dementia/Alzheimers everyday in my job and I know what the decline looks like. It can be very scary and difficult. I promised Grandma many years ago that I wouldn't let her go into a nursing home. Thankfully she has a new place at my aunt and uncle's house where she's safe and comfortable. I will help out as much as I can. I need to make a promise to myself to try harder to see her more often, even if it's upsetting. It's about her, not me.

Oh Miss Kitty. You little snuggle head. She's tucked in my armpit making it difficult to type.

I soooo can't wait to go wine tasting this coming week! Bring on some good wine. I'll reluctantly try some Pinot. I've been told by a very reliable source (Greg M.) that Santa Barbara's soil makes great Pino grapes. We shall see. Not that I'm the authority or anything. I will actually be happy if I can find a great Pinot and to bring back a bottle with me.

My house is dark and quiet. My friend is in the next room - sleeping (SNORING). It feels peaceful. My eyes are starting to get heavy and my body is starting to feel the stress of the day.

I can't believe I let this happen...I ran out of p-nut butter! Oh dear me. To the store I went this evening, preventing what could very easily be a disasterous Monday morning. It is the worse feeling for me to wake up and not be able to have p-nut butter toast. Not a good way to start my morning. No way, no way. That was a close one. Phew. If anyone is wondering what I do when I go out of town....I bring my quality p-nut butter and good whole grain bread along. I usually stay at the timeshares which makes it easy to make toast in the a.m., but if I'm at a regular hotel, I just make a PB&J. Close enough.

OK. Enough talk about pnut butter. I think I should succomb to the sleepy, drowzy feeling of sleep that's coming over me.

Here's wishing sweet dreams to everyone...

No comments: