Monday, January 10, 2011

New Chapter...

My work is transferring me down south with an official move date of February 5th! Wow. That's just around the corner. I've rented my house, sold my Avalon, bought my Prius, and have a plane ticket for next week to travel down there to look at places to live. I've not told many people as I'm still digesting the idea and what life will be like living somewhere else. It's been over 10 years since I've moved out of state. It probably goes without saying that it's more scary as you get older. I make friends easily, so it should be a smooth move full of fun and adventure! I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life and look forward to posting often to blog about my experiences.

My wish list for my future neighborhood: lots of green, preferably trees, although trees are scarce in this area (I'm being vague on purpose BTW), a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's nearby and Farmer's market, walking/bike riding paths (no hiking as I'm afraid , AFRAID of rattlesnakes - but I love to hike ...sad), frozen yogurt shop, pool & workout area, friendly neighbors and last but certainly not least... SAFE. Oh, and single, nice/good looking guys around my age would be a definite bonus.

I need to figure out how to get my waverunner down there. There will be many uses for it.

Fun, FUN, FuN in the sun! Yeah, baby.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Wow! What a change Sarah...a good change though, I hope! Where exactly down south are you headed? Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Sarah Crockett said...

Hi Jody. Yes, good change, though likely only temporary. I'm headed to Sin City. I will be extremely disappointed if I don't get to see you and your baby while I'm down there. I like the drive to 29 Palms from LV going the 'back' way so perhaps I can head your direction at some point during my 6 month stay.